BEFORE this step, be sure:
- You have submitted a tip, complaint, or referral (Form TCR)
- You have located a Notice of Covered Action or a Related Action eligible for an award associated with your tip and a successful CFTC enforcement action related to your tip
- You have applied for an award using a Form WB-APP
- You have received and reviewed the Preliminary Determination from the Claims Review Staff and taken any appropriate action to request to review the record or reconsideration of the Preliminary Determination within the allotted timeframes
What to expect NEXT:
- The CFTC will send to you the Final Order/Award Determination regarding your award application
- The CFTC will post a redacted Final Order/Award Determination on the website
After issuance of the Preliminary Determination and evaluation of any requests for reconsideration, the CFTC will send each claimant the "Final Order of the Commission" stating whether the award application was granted or denied, and if granted, the award percentage amount.
The CFTC also will post on the website redacted public versions of the Final Orders of the Commission with the award determinations.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Can I appeal an award decision?
Yes. You can appeal a Final Order of the Commission regarding your award claim to an appropriate federal court of appeals no later than 30 days after the Final Order is issued. Rule 165.13
If an award has been ordered, when should I expect payment to be made?
Once 30 days have passed following the issuance of the Final Order, if there have been no appeals, the Commission may proceed with payment of awards to any whistleblower(s). If sanctions are still being collected from the defendant(s) in the underlying action(s), payment may be delayed or be made based on the amount of sanctions collected up to that point in time.